Candle Care + Safety
The following tips will ensure you get the most out of your candles as well as minimize your risk during use:
- The most important burn of your candle is the first one! We recommend burning your candle for minimum 2 - 3 hours the first time you light. This will create an even melt pool and prevent your candle from tunneling.
- We advise against burning your candle for more than 4 hours. This is to prevent excess soot from forming in your jar as well as possible fire hazard.
TRIM YOUR WICK
- Always trim your wick to 1/4 inch each time before lighting. This prevents uneven wax melting and will maximize the scent you get from your candle. You can trim your wick using a wick trimmer, scissors or a nail cutter.
- Keep in mind - the '2-foot rule' . Don't place a burning candle near materials that may catch fire (clothing, decor, curtains, books etc.) Also be sure to keep candles away from drafts, fans and currents.
- Do not leave candles burning unattended
- Safety instructions are included on the bottom of your candle - please read and follow carefully.